Pokemon

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pokemon
Pokemon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Pokemon on your social bookmarking website

Rate My team

4 posters

Go down

Rate My team Empty Rate My team

Post by Seiji96 Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:33 pm

My team contains:Dialga,Inferape,Glaceon,Starvia,Emperon,random pokemon

*This is not my perment team. I change it from time to time, depending on what kind of pokemon is in need.But My permenet pokemon is:Dialga,Inferape,Glaceon,Starvia. Glaceon just evolved so I made him one of my members.Usualy, the random pokemon is Luxray, but not always
Seiji96
Seiji96

Male
Number of posts : 154
Favorite Types : Water,Fire,Fighting,Dragon
Favorite Pokemons : Swampert,Typhlosion,Riolu,Gallade,Glaceon
Fame : 0
Exp : 11505
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down

Rate My team Empty Re: Rate My team

Post by Getrdunne Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:59 am

you are not using this for online play correct?

could you also provide movesets natures and EVs
Getrdunne
Getrdunne
Gym Leader - Moderator

Male
Number of posts : 166
Favorite Types : Dark/Steel/Normal
Favorite Pokemons : Umbreon Shuckle Houndour Absol
Friend Codes : 0087 0363 2932
Fame : 3
Exp : 11443
Registration date : 2008-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Seiji96 Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:35 pm

what do you mean by that?
Seiji96
Seiji96

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Getrdunne Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:23 am

because dialga is an Uber and therefor cannot be used in most online battles (standard play does not allow ubers)

could you provide the moves you are having each pokemon have as well as the nature they have and the Effort Values you train them with

Example

Umbreon (Careful) @ Leftovers
EVs
252 HP
252 Def
6Sp. Def

Curse
Wish
Yawn
Payback

just put the pokemon's name the nature and the item then the Effort Values then the moveset

we can not help you with anything other than looking at type advantages unless you provide us with this information.
Getrdunne
Getrdunne
Gym Leader - Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Seiji96 Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:44 pm

i c. i dont train ev so i will post moves sooner or later
Seiji96
Seiji96

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Getrdunne Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:54 am

ok ill check back in a little bit.

also did you say that this team was for the In Game Elite 4 or for wifi competitive play?
Getrdunne
Getrdunne
Gym Leader - Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Seiji96 Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:16 pm

sorry I dont get what you mean, Getrdunne. Here is my team. I forgot some move so please forgive me if that kind of move dosent exist..I probaly put the wrong move

Dialga:Dragon Claw, Strength, Roar of time, Secret Power(or was it hidden power?)

Infernape:Rockslide, flame wheel, flare blitz,rocksmash

Starvia:Fly, Defog,wing attack,endevour(the move that makes opponents HP same as yours)

Glaceon(training):Icy Wind, Quick attack, Helping hand,sand attack(Im not too sure about last 2 moves)

Emperon:Surf, Aerial Ace, Shadow Claw,Avalanche

As for Items, Only Dialga and Glaceon Hold it. Glaceon Holds Exp Share and Dialga holds a item that makes Steel and Dragon type move go up.
I also plan on deleting last 2 move of Glaceon as soon as possible so Please put the Suggestion for that. Thank you.And yes, I know my team is not very good, everyone tells me.
Seiji96
Seiji96

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Seiji96 Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:19 pm

Sorry, I forgot to wrtie their nature...but out of curiosty, what do they do?(I mean their nature)
Seiji96
Seiji96

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Getrdunne Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:51 am

Seiji96 wrote:sorry I dont get what you mean, Getrdunne. Here is my team. I forgot some move so please forgive me if that kind of move dosent exist..I probaly put the wrong move

Dialga:Dragon Claw, Strength, Roar of time, Secret Power(or was it hidden power?)

Infernape:Rockslide, flame wheel, flare blitz,rocksmash

Starvia:Fly, Defog,wing attack,endevour(the move that makes opponents HP same as yours)

Glaceon(training):Icy Wind, Quick attack, Helping hand,sand attack(Im not too sure about last 2 moves)

Emperon:Surf, Aerial Ace, Shadow Claw,Avalanche

smogon.com has the most used movesets. they are the most used because they are basically teh best. i always try to change a few things about them though. my corrections are made below

Swords Dance + Priority @Leftovers / Life Orb Adamant
Moveset EVs
~ Swords Dance
~ Aqua Jet
~ Drill Peck
~ Earthquake / Avalanche
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe

Kinda reminds you of Normal Arceus, huh? Empoleon, however, trades extreme strength (and Uber status) for massive surprise value. The idea here is to Swords Dance, then use the surprise value and Empoleon's overall bulkiness to get in another Swords Dance if possible. Then, you may proceed to kill things with STAB Aqua Jet from 894 Attack (assuming you get two boosts). Though the idea may seem somewhat novel, it is actually a very viable option.

This set takes down Empoleon's big counters as well as other threats very easily. Blissey is barely OHKOed by a Life Orb Empoleon that has Swords Danced twice. Unlike most other sweepers, paralysis isn't a bad thing for this Empoleon because Aqua Jet allows it to move first anyway, and it protects it from other status. Ludicolo gets annihilated by Drill Peck, Lanturn and Magnezone are beaten with Earthquake, Dugtrio falls Aqua Jet, and Regice just can't do enough damage in time to stop Empoleon's sweep. Magnezone often invests Speed to beat Skarmory, so it might be faster than Empoleon. Either faint it before pulling this off or predict its switch-in and use Earthquake.

Drill Peck is the primary option here for hitting Heracross and Breloom on the switch. If you're scared of Salamence, Avalanche should beat it, and Empoleon won't mind the negative priority with its low Speed anyway. Water/Flying has excellent coverage, so Avalanche should go over Earthquake if you decide to use it.

Leftovers is the better item choice here; Empoleon is designed to play like Normal Arceus and use its massive number of resistances to take hits. Life Orb is necessary for some KOs, though.

Fake Tears Leftovers Modest
Moveset EVs
~ Fake Tears
~ Ice Beam / Blizzard
~ Wish
~ Hidden Power Fighting
252 HP / 252 SpA / 6 Spe

Ice Beam's accuracy and greater PP make it superior to Blizzard, unless used in Hail (Blizzard never misses in Hail). Hidden Power Fighting, used in concert with Ice Beam, allows Glaceon to score at least a neutral hit on nearly every Pokémon as it is super effective against Steel and Ice most notable here being Probopass and Bastiodon. With Fake Tears and Wish, Glaceon can decimate the defenses of special walls like Clefable and Hypno, healing itself along the way. This forces your opponent to risk taking heavy damage to bring in something that can force Glaceon to switch out. Wish has the added benefit of supporting the rest of your team should Glaceon find itself in an unfavorable situation.

NP Mixape Life Orb Naive
Moveset EVs
~ Flamethrower / Fire Blast
~ Close Combat
~ Nasty Plot
~ Grass Knot / Hidden Power Ice
24 Atk / 252 SpA / 232 Spe

To say this is good at taking out walls is an understatement. Close Combat absolutely ruins anyone silly enough to switch in something weak to it. After a single Nasty Plot, Grass Knot will OHKO Suicune, Slowbro, and Milotic unless they're running Special Defense. It also has a chance to OHKO Gyarados if it doesn't invest in HP, and does about 65% damage to Vaporeon. Swampert, Donphan and Hippowdon don't even stand a chance. You can then sweep with Flamethrower and Close Combat. Flamethrower is suggested over Fire Blast because it's your main sweeping move and you really do not want to get killed after setting up because Fire Blast misses (Infernape WILL die if it gets hit), but Fire Blast has a shot at OHKOing Cresselia with no Special Defense EVs when they switch in on Stealth Rock, provided Sandstorm is in play. Any form of prior damage means it loses, with or without Sandstorm. Hidden Power Ice is an option over Grass Knot, as it will OHKO Salamence, who otherwise resists every attack that you carry.

This set has problems against Salamence and some Cresselia, so try to make sure they're damaged or eliminated before setting this up. Gyarados can also be problematic if you

Mixed Attacker Expert Belt / Life Orb Quiet / Mild
Moveset EVs
~ Draco Meteor
~ Thunder
~ Dragon Claw / Fire Blast
~ Brick Break
120 HP / 136 Atk / 252 SpA

Mixed attacking Dialga is an extremely threatening set that is capable of hitting any Uber Pokémon very hard. Draco Meteor is a general STAB option that inflicts a significant amount of damage on anything that doesn't resist it, and is used on this set to strike at Dragon-types such as Latias and Giratina in particular. Dragon Claw is still listed however as it will 2HKO any Latias and OHKO Latios which cannot be OHKOed by Dialga's Draco Meteor after a Calm Mind. Fire Blast is an option over Dragon Claw, it will 2HKO special defensive Metagross even with rain in effect due to the Expert Belt boost, while Thunder slams Kyogre, Ho-oh and Lugia with super effective hits.

When Blissey decides to completely wall the special attacks that comprise the first two moves, Brick Break comes into play. With an Expert Belt boost and the EVs given, Brick Break will always 2HKO even the most defensive Blissey in Ubers; this complements Dialga's Steel-type, which makes it immune to Toxic, and its overall type combination, which let it take anything Blissey throws at it easily, allowing mixed Dialga to switch in on any Blissey with impunity. Additionally, Brick Break revokes Heatran's switch-in privileges.

Expert Belt is the favored item on this set, as it supplements the fact that this Dialga receives excellent type coverage through its combination of moves. However, Life Orb allows for more damage on Pokémon that are neutral to its attacks and in general; the 10% recoil is highly unwelcome, though, because this set strives to combine bilateral offensive prowess with decent durability. However, one could easily choose to run a Mild nature and some Speed EVs to boost this set's sweeping potential, which makes Life Orb a more acceptable item.

Mixed Dialga is commonly hailed as an Uber stallbreaker, for its diverse moveset and immunity to Toxic make it impervious to many of the assaults launched by stall teams. Additionally, its Steel-type prevents many desperate tactics such as Explosion and affords it many resistances.

Choice Band Choice Band Adamant / Jolly
Moveset EVs
~ Brave Bird
~ Close Combat
~ Return / Double-Edge
~ U-turn / Pursuit / Quick Attack
16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spe

Good Speed and Attack make Staraptor both an obvious and excellent Choice Bander. Intimidate makes him a good choice as a lead and helps when sending him out later, just don't get too over zealous when switching into physical attacks; his defenses are still poor. Brave Bird and Return / Double-Edge are his main weapons and both hit incredibly hard, while Close Combat hits for at least neutral damage on every Rock and Steel-type. The STAB Normal attacks are mostly for Electric-types, especially Zapdos, who also resists Fighting. Double-Edge guarantees a OHKO on Zapdos, but Return is usually preferable as two recoil moves is rather excessive.

The fourth slot is the sort of "utility" move. U-turn allows you to scout your counter and get in a hit, while Pursuit is always a great move on Choice Banders and Staraptor makes good use of it. It's especially good against the likes of Celebi and Exeggutor, who will run, fearing a Brave Bird. Quick Attack is for protection against Reversal/Flail users and to take down other weakened but faster foes. It does upwards of 45% to the likes of Azelf, Raikou and Weavile.

Like most Choice Banders he'll benefit from Wish support, but it's even more essential with Staraptor due to the recoil of Brave Bird and Double-Edge. To varying degrees, Jirachi, Vaporeon, Jolteon and Umbreon can work. Rapid Spin support—Donphan is an excellent choice for this—to remove Stealth Rock will also aid his survivability.

i used smogon for these sets they are very good
Getrdunne
Getrdunne
Gym Leader - Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Seiji96 Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:02 am

Can you make it simpler please?
Seiji96
Seiji96

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Getrdunne Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:22 pm

Dialga @Expert Belt / Life Orb Quiet Mild

Moveset EVs 120 HP / 136 Atk / 252 SpA

~ Draco Meteor
~ Thunder
~ Dragon Claw / Fire Blast
~ Brick Break

staraptor @ Choice Band

Adamant / Jolly

Moveset EVs 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spe

~ Brave Bird
~ Close Combat
~ Return / Double-Edge
~ U-turn / Pursuit / Quick Attack

Infernape @Life Orb Naive

Moveset EVs 24 Atk / 252 SpA / 232 Spe

~ Flamethrower / Fire Blast
~ Close Combat
~ Nasty Plot
~ Grass Knot / Hidden Power Ice

Glaceon @Leftovers Modest

Moveset EVs 252 HP / 252 SpA / 6 Spe

~ Fake Tears
~ Ice Beam / Blizzard
~ Wish
~ Hidden Power Fighting

Empoleon
@Leftovers / Life Orb Adamant

Moveset EVs 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe

~ Swords Dance
~ Aqua Jet
~ Drill Peck
~ Earthquake / Avalanche
Getrdunne
Getrdunne
Gym Leader - Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Seiji96 Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:02 pm

hm....do the nature need to be same? also i have none of item you wrote..and i dont have staraptor, i have starvia...im training glaceon right now..and How are you suppouse to select what type is used in hidden power? and can Inferapes even learn grass knot?? also If I change move of empelon, I will be wasting so much TM:( and how am i suppose to move around area with out any HM move?????????????????????????...ok, maybe there was bit too much question..
Seiji96
Seiji96

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Getrdunne Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:12 am

no its ok staravia will evolve soon enough but that is the moevset you should be aiming for. you can find item locations through a google search.

as for teh hidden power you really dont need to worry about that just use the alternate move. you can also trade for more tms with other people. yes infernape can learn grass knot

you should have a 6th slot pokemon...you dont even need to carry it around
but it would be your "hm slave" you just give a pokemon 4 hms you can also have just a starly with defog and fly
that would be how you could get around just take them out of the pc and put them back when you're done this is the best option to keep your team strong
Getrdunne
Getrdunne
Gym Leader - Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Seiji96 Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:40 am

I dont get what you mean by Hidden Power
Seiji96
Seiji96

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Getrdunne Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:37 pm

just dont worry about it...use the other move
Getrdunne
Getrdunne
Gym Leader - Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Seiji96 Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:59 pm

ok.Thank you
Seiji96
Seiji96

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Seiji96 Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:36 pm

I plan on replacinig Starvia with Diratani as soon as I can get one.. and when I nearly did, there was an error! Exclamation and I will train Diratani to its last eve as soon as possible.
Seiji96
Seiji96

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Seiji96 Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:00 pm

ok, I changed My team in to this: Dialga, Dratani(traing),Gible(as soon as I capture 1),Empleon,Glaceon and maybe Inferape(or male eveloution of ralts).
I know Dialga is an Uber but I have to add him or my team will be extremly weak...
Seiji96
Seiji96

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Getrdunne Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:31 am

replace dialga with your favorite poke

replace it with gallade
Getrdunne
Getrdunne
Gym Leader - Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Seiji96 Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:43 pm

Um, Im still looking for the male ralts so Dialga will still be my team member until Dratini evolves to Dragonite and Gible evolves to Garchomp. I know where Gible is, hes at Wayward caves B1F right? I cant find the stairs.. Sad
Seiji96
Seiji96

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by BUG leader Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:30 am

lol gertumme you need to let him read ev guides and such first lol you are giving him pro infomation when he is still a noob lol so maybe you should give him links to ev guides and explain what evd is compared to regular and maybe a natures guide
BUG leader
BUG leader
Administrator

Number of posts : 48
Exp : 11466
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Getrdunne Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:49 am

http://forums.narutofan.com/showthread.php?t=232951

this is the best EV training guide i could findseiji if you still need help just let me know and i can answer your questions
Getrdunne
Getrdunne
Gym Leader - Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lieutenantdan! Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:15 am

the door is hiddin under the bridge
lieutenantdan!
lieutenantdan!
Gym Leader

Male
Number of posts : 289
Exp : 11485
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Getrdunne Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:10 am

what?
Getrdunne
Getrdunne
Gym Leader - Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Seiji96 Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:34 am

nvm, I changed my team again
Dratani:Lv30.Flamethrower, Slam, Dragon Breath, and Thuder Wave
Lucario: Lv31.Quick attack, Me first, Drain Punch, Force Palm
Poliwirhl: Lv 25.Bubble, Hipnosys, Double Slap,Water Gun
gallade: lv 21(or lv 23.I dont remeber).Confusion, Teleport, Double team, Slash
Starvia: lv 26.Quick attack, evdevor, Fly, Defog
Glaceon:Lv 26. Icy Wind, Quick attack, Growl,Sand attack
and all of them is in training. And im thinking about replacing Poliwhirl with some pokemon thats really annoying(like high defence or a lot of healing move).Do you know any?
I will post Ev later.
Seiji96
Seiji96

Male

Back to top Go down